Master in Embedded Systems Design
Microcontroller/ DSP-based design
- Digital Electronics
- Circuit design and PCB development
- 8051 Microcontrollers
- 8 bit/16 bit PIC Microcontrollers
- ARM 7/9/11 Microcontrollers
- MSP430/ BeagleBone Black
- Raspberry Pi
Firmware, Driver and Software Development
- Computer Architecture
- Operating systems
- C programing & Data Structures
- Embedded ‘C’ with 8051/PIC/ARM
- C++ Programing with ARM CORTEX
- Linux Shell Programing
- Linux porting on ARM board
- Embedded Linux Application on Beaglebone & Raspberry Pi
- Linux Device Drivers CHAR/BLOCK
- USB/Network Drivers
Internet of things ( IOT) development
- Concepts of Internet of Things
- Architecture of Internet of Things
- Technology used in Internet of Things
- Communication Networks,
- Computer Networks
- Digital Signal Processing,
- RFID. Sensor Networks, M2M
- Cloud Computing, Information Security
- Project work using BeagleBone Black
- Project work using Raspberry Pi
Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Real –Time System concepts
- Characteristics of Real-Time Tasks
- Real-Time Scheduling
- Operating System Designs
- RTOS for Safety Critical Systems
- OS for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Target RTOS kernel architecture
- Porting RTOS Free (RTOS) to target board
- RTOS on ARM CORTEX – Free RTOS
- Running demo applications
Wireless Embedded Systems Design
- Protocol Design and Validation
- Network Embedded Systems
- Bluetooth and IrDA
- Wireless Sensor Networks and ZigBee
- Wireless LAN ,IEEE 802.11
- RFID- GSM and GPRS
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Communication Protocols
- Wireless technology
- Serial Comm. RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 etc.
- Synchronous Interface: I2C, SPI etc.
- Automotive interface, CAN, LIN, FlexRay
- Memory Devices – Flash based ROM, Storage Cards
- General Purpose Input / Output (GPIO)
- Graphic & Character LCDs
- Real Time Clocks
- Timers: PLL(s), Input Capture / Compare
- Time Processing Units
- Touch Screens, Keypads
- Debugging Interfaces: JTAG, ISP, ICSP
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) Peripherals
- Analog to Digital / Digital to Analog
- GSM Modules ,Intelligent Power Systems
- Smart Card Readers
Linux Network Programming
- Networking Architecture in Linux
- TCP/IP layer in kernel
- Client – Server Programming API
- TCP, UDP, RAW, UNIX, FTP,TFTP
- VOIP Protocol Programming
- Iterative server, Concurrent Server
- Broadcast Server Programming
- Wireless Architecture and Programming
- Installing QT Framework
- Installing Opencv and Pocket Sphinx
- Application Deve. Using QT Creator
- Sensors & modules Prog. in QT Creator
- Wireless Protocol Prog. in QT Creator
- Image and Video Processing
- Audio Processing
- Opencv with QT Creator
- Pocket Sphinx with QT Creator
- Setting Cross Compiler
- Executing Cross Compiled project file on ARM Board.
- Power Electronics & Embedded
- VLSI in Embedded systems
- Embedded data analytics
- Internet of Robotic Things
- Project work
Graduate in Engineering in IT / Computer Science / Electronics / IT & Telecommunications / Electrical / Instrumentation and other computer associated streams. No year down & no paper down from the Candidates to get placements. 60 % marks as aggregate in qualifying examination.
Post Graduate Degree in Engineering Sciences with corresponding basic degree (e.g. MSc in Computer Science, IT, Electronics) with 60% marks as aggregate in qualifying examination.
Also Equally Required:
- Strong liking for basic Mathematics, Logical Reasoning
- Analytical Bent of Mind
- Desire to Learn
- Willing to put sincere efforts and time to pick up new concepts
Duration and Timings
- Full Time Batch: 6 Months
No of Seats
- 30 seats
FAQs for Embedded Systems Design
What are the basic qualifications required for doing course in Embedded Systems Design?
The basic qualifications for embedded systems design – B.E. / B.Tech in Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Instrumentation, Electrical and Computer Science OR M.Sc. Electronics.
Do I require any knowledge in computer programming?
Basic knowledge of C programming is required.
What is the duration for the course in Embedded Systems Design?
The duration for our course in P.G. Diploma in Embedded Systems Design is 6 months; Diploma in Embedded Systems Design is 4 months; other short-term courses related to embed systems design are 2 months.
Can I attend classes in evening or weekend?
Yes, we have flexi-timing courses which are suitable for students as well as working professionals; we have weekday/part-time and weekends courses.
Do you provide placement assistance?
Yes, we provide 100% placement assistance. We have placement cell which caters specifically to placement of the students. Bicard provides personality development training to students specifically for better placement.
What are the job prospects after doing course in embedded systems design?
Job prospects are very good for embedded systems engineers, as there is huge development and transformations happening in this domain. Embedded engineers can even upgrade to domain of Internet of Things and excel in that area. For additional information, stay connected to our blogs on our website – www.bicard.org and www.learnembedded.com .
I am a final year engineering student. Can I attend the course?
Yes, you can attend the course.
What are the fees for courses in embedded systems design?
You can contact our Admission Head for the fees details as we have different fees structure for different courses.
Do you provide online courses?
No, we do not provide online courses.
Where are the various centres of Bicard?
We have two centres – Pune & Bhilai.
Are any projects included in the course?
Yes, students have to take up real time projects for hands on experience. It is guided by our industry-experienced faculties.
Do you provide any industrial training?
Yes, we provide 6 months Industrial Training wherein you can get experience in various real time projects and to work efficiently in a team and manage development in a particular delivery time. For further information, you can contact our Admission Head.
What is the expertise level of the faculties?
Our all faculties have more than 15 years of experience from the industry and training. They have good domain as well as subject knowledge with practical experience.
Will I be given certificate on completion of the course?
Yes, Bicard and IASC provides the certificate.
Are any course materials provided?
We provide textbooks and our faculties suggest pool of online resources.
What is the fees payment procedure?
The fees payments for the entire course can be done in 3 instalments in Cash/Cheque/Online Payment/Credit or Debit Card.
Does Bicard provide any training for facing the interviews?
Yes, Bicard, along the course, provides personality development training which every students should have for facing the interview. In addition to that, other skills like team work, effective communication – verbal and written etc. are being taught through real-time projects.
Where can I see the course contents of the course?
You can see all the courses’ contents on our website
Is there any entrance examination for the admission?
We have entrance exams for long term courses only. There is a direct admission for all other courses.
What is the syllabus for entrance examination?
you can refer to our website where we have given detailed syllabus for entrance examination for our various courses.
I live in Ahmedabad (Gujrat) how can I give the entrance test?
We conduct online entrance test. You have to simply register yourself and give the exam from your own P.C. at your location.